These super soft breadsticks are a favorite of my family’s. They pair wonderfully with spaghetti, lasagna or any Italian food for that matter. The flavor of these breadsticks blow any other recipe out of the water. The Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder makes these breadsticks impossible to eat just one! Using a bread machine simplifies the baking process and makes it easy for everyone to make. I like to add whole wheat flour to mine, but by all means use all white bread flour. Top off these breadsticks with some butter as soon as they come out of the oven and your family and friends will be asking you for more!
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (may use all bread flour)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons instant yeast
- Place all ingredients into bread machine pan according to the manufactures directions. Select the Dough cycle.
- Remove dough from pan and let it rest for 10 minutes on a floured surface.
- Divide dough into 12 sections and roll each section in a 6"-8" rope. Place each breadstick 1" apart on a greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise for 15-20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush breadsticks with butter as soon as they come out of the oven. Makes 12 breadsticks.
Adapted from Gold Medal
This recipe is linked to The Country Cook